The Yates Scholarship Program provides college grants to employees and children of employees at GSGA Member Clubs. Named for Charles, Dan and Danny Yates of Atlanta, all of whom have contributed greatly to the game of golf, the scholarships are based on financial need, character, academic achievement and work experience at a GSGA Member Club. During the 2017-18 school year, the GSGAF will support 81 Yates Scholars (21 new, 60 renewing) with grants totaling $369,400.
The Yates Scholarships are eligible for renewal. The GSGA Member Club through which each scholar was eligible for the Yates Scholarship Program must remain a Member Club of the GSGA in order for a scholarship to be renewed. Now in its 30th year, the Yates program has supported more than 375 scholars. GSGA Member Club employees and their dependents are eligible to apply.
Applications for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted through 3:00 p.m. on March 1, 2018.
Yates Scholarship Application - NEW
Yates Scholarship Application - RENEWAL
Yates Scholarship Application Requirements
To be eligible for the Yates Scholarship, GSGA Member Club employees, including contractors, must work 75% of their time at a GSGA Member Club(s).
The following items are necessary before an application will be considered:
- Completed Yates Scholarship Program application including two essays
- Required academic information (see below)
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors at the GSGA Member Club(s) where applicant and/or parent is employed
Required Academic Information
*(NOTE: Students already in college do not need to fill out the Principal’s Report.)
For incoming freshmen:
- High school transcript of grades through first semester senior year
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT) scores
- Principal's Report (filled out by principal, counselor, or other designee of school principal) (DOWNLOAD)
For current college freshmen:
- College transcript (showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
For college sophomores and juniors:
- College transcript (showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0)